Monday, September 05, 2005

Extended-Family Vacation

Got to spend some time with my drum corps family this weekend. It was emotionally dichotomous to say the least. It was great to see folks I've shed blood, sweat, and tears with over the last three years. Unfortunately, there were too many tears shed this time around. R.I.P. Joel "Lothar" Magnuson.
Even though I didn't know him very well personally, he was still my brother in plaid.

On a lighter note, it was excellent to touch base with friends. Got to meet up with Dan (a.k.a The Best Friend) for some good minutes a couple of times. Got to see a bunch of other folks, too. Made some new friends from other drum corps. Which, isn't too hard when you pop the trunk and you've got homebrew on ice. "My name is Lindsay, here's a beer," usually works pretty well when meeting new people.

Stayed up way too late last night and am paying for it a bit today. Getting up and driving at 10 a.m. isn't a bad thing unless you didn't hit the sack until 6 a.m. It was totally worth being tired though. Thank you Renegades. Your Pizza Orgasmica 4 was excellent. If only I'd thought to bring the feather boa.
(On a side note, the spell checker has a REAL problem with the word Orgasmica.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home