Sunday, February 13, 2005

New York, New York

I'm truely torn about the fact that I'm probably going to be packing my life into truck and moving to NY. Okay, Long Island. It's not like I'll be living in some sixth-story walkup on the lower east side. It's still a long way away from home.
The more I think about it, the more I think that might not be a bad thing. I have to ask myself, besides my mom, what do I really have here? Not a whole lot. I think NY will give me just the change I've been looking for.
Take tonight, for example. My roomie and I went over to a friend's house for a couple of drinks. Fine. Good. Nothing wrong with that. I just think it's interesting to sit back and look at the roles people play sometimes. Tonight it just seemed that the majority of the people were of the attention-needing variety.
There was DrunkGuy. He's the guy who had too much to drink and can, therefore, not be held responsible for anything he says or does. But, he does need you to get him another drink.
Then there's SexualGirl. She's the one who answers any guys comment with a sexual comment. No, this wasn't me--even though I have been known to throw sex talk out now and again. And, I'm not really complaining about such talk, I think it can be fun from time to time. But, when the, "where's my cellphone," question is answered with, "I shoved it up my ass.......I like the vibration," I've had about enough.
Then there's Don'tILook14Girl. She just came along with SexualGirl and is hell bent on having all the boys tell her how young she looks and feign disbelief that she could possibly be old enough to be drinking that Miller Genuine Draft Lite. Oh yeah, she's kind of tipsy and would just love for you to get her another beer.
Next up is TooGoodForAmericanBeerGuy. He's the brother of SexualGirl and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why he shows up to a party. Whenever he's asked, "would you like a beer," he comments that American beer just isn't up to snuff with his sophisticated tastes. Listen bub, I'm the biggest beer snob I know and I'm still drinking MGDL. Shut up or put up.
That's it for now.......time for bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger A phat guy named Antoine said...

I am waiting to find out how LI is treating you.Blog young lady, blog to your heart's content.

:-)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

As a fellow Pierce Brosnan fan, and someone who lives five minutes from the NYC / LI border, I can tell you that living near the city will bring you interesting opportunities to watch the man film his movies, and yeah, you can see the James Bond people filming here too, sometimes.

Good luck with the move.

My blog is bketotj.blogspot.com Check it out.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home