Friday, December 24, 2004

Endings and beginnings

It's strange how some things in your life feel like a divorce. Even though there is no ceremony, no marriage, no physical union to speak of. It just feel like a painful separation. I've graduated and that's great. I think I'll miss school though. Why do I have to leave just when I'm getting the hang of it and having a great time. I suppose it's really the act of learning and the friendships that made it great. Fortunately, I don't have to give up either of those simply because I'm no longer enrolled in a degree-granting institution. It will be good to move on from the tests and homework. It will be good to move on. It's good to take a step forward.
I've learned a lot. I didn't know I could write. Okay, well I knew I could write, I just didn't know anyone would want to read what I wrote. And I certainly didn't know that someone might actually pay me for my words. Good deal. I didn't know I could play the tuba with such ferocity that my lips would turn blue. It's probably not a good thing, but it's true.
I didn't know that I was capable of so much. I knew I wasn't stupid or incapable, it just took some time to realize that I this was the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home